About MAT 2014 (Management Aptitude Test), Eligibility, Exam Dates, Feb MAT Imp News, Notification
MAT 2014 or Management Aptitude test is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association) New Delhi every year. Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is one among the national entrance test for admission to top MBA colleges in India. It is conducted by All India Management Aptitude Testing Services (AIMA). MAT is one of the most popular exams among the MBA candidates. It is conducted four times in a year for graduate passed students. If you are interested to apply for MBA, you can very well apply for this examination.
Eligibility criteria for MAT Examination 2014:
You must have bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian Institution / University. There is no percentage criteria required in graduation to appear for MAT test.
Final year graduates who are waiting for results can also apply for this test.
Important Dates for MAT 2014:
MAT exam is conducted 4 times a year in the month of
- September and
>> Last Date For sale of Forms: 18 January 2014 (Saturday)
>> Last Date For Online Registration: 18 January 2014 (Saturday)
>> Last Date for submission of filled in Online Registration Forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 20 January 2014 (Monday)
You can take up the exam in any one
- Paper Based Test (Offline test)
- Computer Based Test (Online test)
MAT 2014 Application Fee:
The application fee for MAT test 2014 is Rs.1200/- . The fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
List of Suggested Books for MAT 2014:
=> MAT Entrance Guide by Deepak Agrawal
=> MAT Solved Papers by Disha Experts
=> MAT Examination Entrance Guide by Editorial rph
=> MAT Entrance Exam with practice CD by G.K.Publication
Exam Pattern for MAT 2014:
MAT exam paper contains five different sections. These sections will carry the challenging questions that would test your analytical skills.
• Language Comprehensive
• Mathematical Skill
• Data Analysis and Sufficiency
• Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
• Indian and Global Environment
You will be given a total of 150 minutes to answer the questions. The entire questions are compulsory to answer. Each section contains 40 questions. There is no penalty for wrong answers. Each correct answer carries 1 mark.
MAT 2014 Syllabus:
Comprehension of passage, Verbal reasoning, Syllogisms, Contextual usage, Analogies, Anatomy, Fill in the blanks, Foreign language word used in English, Sentence completion, Sentence correction, Idioms, Errors in word choice, Mania & phobia, Incorrect words, Conditional & multiple usage, Punctuation, Proverbs, One word substitution, Different usage of same word, Phrasal verb, etc.
• Ratio and Proportions, Ratios, Percentage, In equation
• Quadratic and linear equation
• Mensuration, Alligation & mixtures, Work, Pipes and Cisterns
• Installment payments, Partnership, Clocks
• Probability, Permutation & Combination
• Profit & Loss
• Averages, Percentages & Partnerships
• Time-Speed-Distance, Work and Time
• Number system
Data analysis and Reasoning:-
• Date Interpretation based on text, Date Interpretation based on graphs and tables.
• Graphs can be column graphs, Graphs representing area, Bar graphs, Pie chart, Venn – diagram, etc.
• Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, statements and Conclusions, Cause and effects, Matrix arrangements, etc.
• Current Affairs, Business, Punch lines of companies, Major corporate events
• Science, History, Geography, International Organization
• Important quotations
• Social issues, Sports, Finance, automobiles, Entertainments, Politics, etc.
• Famous awards and prizes
• World records
• Books and authors
Top 10 MBA Colleges in India:
- XLRI -Jamshedpur
Few popular MBA entrance examinations other than MAT are:
Other individual tests of few top most B-Schools of India are:
- IBSAT: ICFAI Business Schools
- IRMA: Institute of Rural Management, Anand
- NMAT: NarseeMonjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- MICA: Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad
- IIFT: Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi and Kolkata
Top Hot streams in MBA are
- Human Resources
- Fashion design
List of Colleges in India accepting MAT scores:
- Institute of Business Management & Technology (IBMT), Bangalore
- JK Business School, Delhi
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Noida
- ICFAI Business school, Mumbai
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Alliance University, Bangalore
Top MBA Entrance Examination Coaching Institutes in India:
1. Fermat Education’s 2IIM
3. Career Forum
4. Bulls Eye
5. Career Launcher
6. Achiever’s Academy
7. BYJU’s CAT Classes
8. IMS Learning Resources Pvt Ltd
9. Vidyasagr Classes
10. PT Education
You can also log to the official link of AIMA to know more about Feb MAT examination. The official link is – http://www.aima.in/testing-services/mat/mat.html