About Indian Engineering Services (IES) examination 2014
The Indian Government makes its recruitment for top posts in engineering sections for various organizations functioning under it only through IES Exam 2014. If you are an engineering graduate, then you can very well apply for IES examination to uplift your career. IES stands for “Indian Engineering Services”. This examination is conducted by “Union Public Service Commission”.
Eligibility criteria for IES exam 2014:
1. You should be an Indian citizen.
2. Your age should be between 21 to 30 as on January 1st, 2014.Government of India provides 5 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates. And, 3 years age relaxation is given for candidates who belong to SC/ST categories. The same is applicable for Ex servicemen class also.
3. You must be a B.E/B.Tech holder with any one of the four streams namely Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/ Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. M.Sc graduates Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering are also eligible to apply. Final year graduates who are waiting for the results can also apply.
Important dates of IES examination 2014:
This examination is held once in a year during the month of February. The notification is made by UPSC in Employment news or daily newspaper. You can apply for this exam only through online. The link will be available in the official site of UPSC. The application fees for male candidates are Rs.200. There is no examination fee for female candidates. This is also applicable for candidates belonging to
Union Public Service examination has released the examination calendar for the academic year 2014.
- Date of Notification: 08.02.2014
- Last date of receipt of examination:10.03.2014 (Monday)
- Date of examination: 24.05.2014(Saturday)
Scheme of IES exam 2014: There are two stages namely
1. Written test
The written test is conducted for 3 days. On the first day, General Ability test will be conducted. The syllabus covered is General English and General Studies. The total marks for day 1 test is 200. The duration of the test is 2 hours. Only objective questions are asked in General Ability Test.
On the second day, you will be tested for your engineering skills. You will have to appear for two engineering papers say paper I and paper II. Both the papers will contain objective type questions. The syllabus will be prescribed as per your engineering stream (Electrical/ Civil/ Mechanical/ Electronics & Telecommunication).The duration is 2 hours for each paper. The total mark of day 2 exam is 400.
On the third day, you will have to appear for conventional type test. It has 2 papers say paper III and paper IV. The syllabus is same as paper I and paper II. You must provide descriptive answer. No objective type questions are asked in this test. The duration will be two hours for each paper. The total mark for day 3 exam is also 400.
So, the total marks for written examination is 1000. All the shortlisted candidates are called for interview based upon their score in written examination. The maximum marks allotted for personality test (Interview) is 200.
For more details regarding IES Exam 2014, you can kindly log on to the official link of UPSC: www.upsc.gov.in