About Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test - GPAT 2014 – Eligibility, Imp Dates, Notification, Registration, Latest News
GPAT stands for Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test and this exam is conducted by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Every year, the All India Council for Technical Education conducts the Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) throughout India for admission to M. Pharm programmes.
GPAT 2014 Online registration is already started and those who are interested please apply soon before last date.
GPAT provides a great opportunity for deserving candidates to gain scholarshipsfellowships.
This examination is conducted to get admission to Master’s/Doctoral programme in Pharmacy with scholarships from the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and other governmental organizations. Most of the M. Pharm colleges require a valid GPAT score for you to be eligible to get admission to their Master’s program in Pharmacy. If you pass this entrance exam are granted a scholarship when they join for M. Pharm.
GPAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
Educational Qualification: You must have qualified Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2, including lateral entry candidates) OR those who are in the final year of B. Pharmacy course are eligible to appear for the GPAT exam.
Age Limit: There is no such age limit specified by the conducting body as age limit criteria.
GPAT 2014 Application fee:
- The fee once paid will not refunded under any circumstances.
- For OBC and General candidates: Rs.1200 + bank charges as applicable.
- For SC/ST/ differently abled candidates: Rs.600 +bank charges as applicable.
GPAT 2014 Important Dates:
- Online registration starts from:6.11.2013
- Online registration ends on:7.1.2014
- Download of e admit card:10.2.2014 onwards
- Exam dates:25 to 27 February 2014
- Test timings: 9.30 to 12.30
- Test timings: 2.30 to 4.30
- Announcement of result:15.3.2014
- Score card:15.3.2014 to 14.4.2014
GPAT 2014 Exam Centers:
The GPAT exam is organized in various locations across India.
GPAT Syllabus 2014:
Here are the contents of the GPAT 2014 syllabus for pharmaceutics:
- Introduction to Physical pharmacy; Matter, Properties of Matter
- Micromeretics and Powder Rheology
- Surface and Interfacial Phenomenon
- Viscosity and Rheology
- Dispersion Systems
- Kinetics and Drug Stability
- Importance of microbiology in pharmacy; Structure of bacterial cell; Classification of microbes and their taxonomy
- Identification of Microbes
- Control of microbes by physical and chemical methods
- Immunology and Immunological Preparations
- Genetic Recombination
- Introduction to pharmaceutical jurisprudence & ethics
- An elaborate study of the followings:
- Pharmaceutical Ethics; Pharmacy Act 1948; Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 and Rules 1945; Medicinal & Toilet Preparations (Excise Duties) Act 1955; Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act 1985 & Rules; Drugs Price Control Order; A brief study of the following Acts with special reference to the main provisions and the latest amendments: Poisons Act 1919; Drugs and Magic Remedies (Objectionable Advertisements)Act 1954; Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act 1970 & Rules 1975; Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1960; States Shops & Establishments Act & Rules; Insecticides Act 1968; AICTE Act 1987; Factories Act 1948; Minimum Wages Act 1948; Patents Act 1970. A brief study of the various Prescription/Non-prescription Courses. Medical/Surgical accessories, diagnostic aids, appliances available in the market.
- Introduction to dispensing and community pharmacy; Prescription
- Community Pharmacy
- Organization and Structure of hospital pharmacy
- Hospital Formulary
- Drug Store Management and Inventory Control
- Drug distribution Systems in Hospitals
- Central Sterile Supply Unit and their Management
- Manufacture of Sterile and Non-sterile Courses
- Drug Information Services
- Records and Reports
- Nuclear Pharmacy
- Importance of unit operations in manufacturing; Stoichiometry
- Fluid Flow
- Heat transfer
- Size Reduction
- Filtration and Centrifugation
- Dehumidification and Humidity Control
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Material of Construction
- Material Handling Systems
- Plant location
- Industrial Hazards and Safety Precautions
- Automated Process Control Systems
- Liquid Dosages Forms
- Semisolid Dosage Forms
- Extraction and Galenical Courses
- Blood Courses and Plasma Substitutes
- Pharmaceutical Aerosols
- Ophthalmic Preparations
- Cosmeticology and Cosmetic Preparations
- Parenteral Courses
- Surgical Courses
- Packaging of Pharmaceutical Courses
- Designing of dosage forms; Pre-formulation studies
- Performance evaluation methods
- Clinical Pharmacokinetics:
- Bioavailability and bioequivalence
Top GPAT Coaching Institutes in India:
- Career Point
- Allen Career Institute
- ABLES Education
- KL Academy
- Rao Academy
- Vibrant Academy.
For more details regarding GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test ) 2014 visit: http://www.aicte-gpat.in/Home/Index_New.aspx