Air Force Common Admission Test examination – AFCAT 2014
If you are looking for an outstanding career in Indian Air Force, then I would suggest you to take up “AFCAT 2014 examination”. This will heighten your career to the next level. AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This examination is conducted by Indian Air Force. It is conducted all across India. Through AFCAT examination, you can join any of the three branches of Indian Air Force. They are
1. Ground Duty Branch
2. Technical Branch
3. Flying Branch.
The eligibility criteria are different for male and female.
AFCAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria For Females:
1. Ground Duty Branches – You should be either PG or Bachelor degree or CA or LLB holder with at least 60% aggregate marks from any recognized Indian university. The age limit is different for different technical qualifications. Let me tell you in brief.
1. Graduates – 20 to 23 years in age.
2. PG holders /5 years integrated LLB – 20 to 25 years in age.
3. For 3 year LLB after graduation – 20 to 26 years in age.
4. M.Ed/ Ph.D/ CA/ICWA – 20 to 27 years in age.
2. Flying Branch – Aspirants should be minimum of 19 years of age and maximum of 23 years. You must have qualified either B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks. You should be 162.5 cms in height and should have correlated weight.
3. Technical Branch – You should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks. Your height should be a minimum 152 cms to apply for this examination.
AFCAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria For Males:
1.Ground Duty Branches – You should be either PG or Bachelor degree or CA or LLB holder with at least 60% aggregate marks from any recognized Indian university. The age limit are same for male and female.
2. Flying Branch – The applicant should be minimum of 19 years of age and maximum of 23 years. The candidate must have the B.E / B.Tech degree or a Graduate in any discipline with minimum 60% aggregate marks. You should be 162.5 cms in height and should have correlated weight.
3. Technical Branch – For this, he should be of 18-28 years of age and should have done Aeronautical Engineering with minimum 60% marks. Your height should be a minimum 157.5 cms to apply for this examination.
Important dates of AFCAT 2014 examination:
This examination (AFCAT I 2014 and AFCAT II) is conducted twice (February and September) in a year. The notifications will be announced during the month of June and December. You can check out the notifications in Employment news or daily newspaper as soon as the Indian Air Force announces it.
The Indian Air Force has released the examination calendar for the academic year 2014. The expected date of Notification of AFCAT I 2014 examination is 10.12.2013. The last date of receipt of examination is 08.01.2014. The date of examination is 23.02.2014. You can apply online via the official link given after the notification.
Note: The above mentioned date is Tentative as per previous year analysis. When official notification published will update soon.
Syllabus for AFCAT 2014 examination:
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Verbal ability
- General English
- Current Affairs
- General Awareness
- Numerical ability
- General Aptitude.
I would recommend you to follow R S Agar wall book, Upkar’s book for your preparation.
Scheme of AFCAT 2014 examination:
You must pass three hard stages namely
- Written test.
- SSB interview.
- Physical examination (Medical test).
The questions asked in written examination are of objective type. The total duration for written examination is two hours. The total number of questions to answer is 100. The total marks for the written examination is 300. Each question carries 3 marks. There is a penalty for wrong answer. You will lose one mark for every wrong answer.
It is quite difficult to pass the intelligence test. Only one fourth of the total candidates will be taken to the second stage. A shortlist will be prepared based on the merit list of written examination (Intelligence test) examination. Selected candidates will be called for SSB interview. Your communication skills will be checked in this stage. It is much easier to clear this round. Before you sit for the interview, try to brush up your fundamental subjects which you have already learnt. At the final, you will be admitted for physical examination. You must be physically fit enough to serve our nation.
For more details, I kindly request you to visit the official link of UPSC - www.careerairforce.nic.in
AFCAT 01/2014 Examination Notification is already out, Online Registration is already started, please visit the given link for more details : http://newzduniya.com/air-force-common-admission-test-afcat-012014-notification-available